Producer, Son of Star Trek Creator
Superpower: Star Trek/Imagination
Star Trek changed the world’s cultural landscape, from healthcare and transportation to innovation and technology. Join philanthropist/producer Rod Roddenberry as he shares insights into his father’s process for turning ideas and imagination into reality. Become a superhero catalyst in the creation of a world where humanity works together for the greater good.
Superpower of Imagination-Taking your thoughts and turning them into reality
- Research all points and be able to see every situation from every point of view
- Come at things with an open mind, be comfortable with your fear and be able to discuss things that make you afraid
- Genius comes from perspective-if you know everything, you can’t learn anything. You don’t have to agree with it, but be open to it.
- Acceptance-tolerance is the wrong way to look at differences. If you can accept them and that they have a legitimate point of view, that’s much better than tolerating them. Respect others!
- Ask others what their point of view is on a topic you’re not comfortable with and listen to them.Be able to incorporate their POV into your thinking and decision making.
- You grow when you don’t try to squash something from fear, but try to understand it.
- A lot of people have the fear of making mistakes, so they don’t do anything and they don’t learn and grow. You have to be able to forgive yourself and move on, keep doing.
- Travel is the best way to broaden horizons and understand others.
- Risk-do something that scares you everyday
- Try to look at things objectively and not get emotional when discussing uncomfortable-everyone has the right to emotions, and most people react to them. The key is not to react, but to take action. Be calm and open when discussing things.